If you want to protect your children from the dangers of the Internet, such as sexual harassment or cyberbullying, you may consider installing parental control software on their phones. One of the options is Hoverwatch, an application that allows parents to monitor their children’s calls, chats and locations in real-time.
At first glance, Hoverwatch looks promising and reliable. However, it cannot monitor iPhones, unlike many other parental control apps. Therefore, if your child owns an iOS device, they will not be able to monitor it. Also, Hoverwatch does not offer live chat support appreciated by most Internet users. The only way to get help is to submit a support request using a contact form on their website and wait for the team to respond within 24-48 business hours. Of course, that is not an option, if you need help ASAP.
If you want to monitor your kid’s iPhone and get instant support for any product-related issues, we recommend you trying the SPY24 monitoring app. You can also keep reading this Hoverwatch review if you want to know more about the app.
Table Of Contents
What is Hoverwatch?
Hoverwatch is a monitoring application that allows you to track someone else’s phone or PC without them knowing. It is a great solution for parents who need to monitor their children’s online activity. Key features of the Hoverwatch app include a keylogger (for Android devices only), cell phone call monitoring, location tracking, and social media message display.
Hoverwatch was founded in 2002. Since then, the company has provided its customers with parental control and employee monitoring solutions. As stated on the Hoverwatch website, its clients range from individuals and small businesses to large companies in the financial sector.
How Does Hoverwatch Work?
Here’s what you need to do to start using Hoverwatch:
- Register an account on hoverwatch.com with an active e-mail.
- Choose and purchase a subscription.
- Check your inbox for an activation letter.
- Install the app on a target device.
- Enter your dashboard and start monitoring.
Remember that Hoverwatch requires rooting a target Android device before you can monitor it.
Can I Use Hoverwatch on iOS or Windows Phones?
Although you can install Hoverwatch on Android phones and Mac/Windows-operated PCs, you can’t use it on iPhones and Windows smartphones. It simply can’t monitor these operating systems. Instead, the app supports:
- 4.x – 7.x Android-based devices
- 7, 8, 8.1, 10 Windows or Windows Vista-based computers
- Mac devices running OS X 10.9 Mavericks to 10.11 Yosemite
How to Install HoverWatch on a Target Device
Although the overall process of installing the app on various devices is pretty much the same, some steps can differ. Below you can find detailed instructions on setting up Hoverwatch for mobile phones and personal computers.
How to Install Hoverwatch on Android
To install Hoverwatch on an Android device, you need to access it and do the following:
- Open Settings and enable the installation from unknown sources.
- Enable Play Protect in Google Play Store. Disable scanning for security threats and remove the checkmarks from Improve harmful app detection.
- Visit the Hoverwatch official website from your mobile browser, create an account, and download the software.
- Click Setup.apk to launch the installation assistant. Open the file with the help of File Manager.
- Log in to your account and copy the PIN-code you find there.
- Follow the instructions on the official Hoverwatch website to set up the app.
How to install Hoverwatch on Windows
To install the software on Windows, you need to visit the Hoverwatch website and follow these steps:
- Create an account or log in.
- In the Add Device tab, click Windows PC and download the archive.
- Unzip the file and open it.
- When a setup tool opens, log in to your account and select a target device.
- Click Finish.
You can start monitoring the data in about 5 minutes. Log in to your account to access your control panel and view a target user’s activity.
If your Windows PC runs antivirus software, you need to add Hoverwatch to the Exceptions list. To do so, follow this guide:
- Turn off your antivirus software.
- Install Hoverwatch for Windows.
- Add the app in the Exceptions list – type the file location, enter C: WindowsSystem32hwfld for 32 bit Windows, and C: WindowsSysWOW64hwfld for the 64-bit version.
- Turn antivirus software protection back on.
How to Install HoverWatch on Mac
If you want to monitor someone’s Mac, follow these steps to install the program:
- Download the Mac version of Hoverwatch from the official site.
- Open the file and log in to your Hoverwatch account.
- Click Install. Add your admin password, if needed.
- When the process is complete, click Finish.
The program will close down but keep working in the background mode. The software may need a few minutes to record the logs and display them in your control panel. You can check your dashboard for new records in about 5 minutes.
How Much Does Hoverwatch Cost?
Hoverwatch offers three types of subscriptions – Personal, Professional, and Business. All packages include an option for 1, 3, and 12 months.
As you can see, Hoverwatch is a pretty costly software (and what’s more, it can’t monitor iOS-operated phones). If you need a cheaper option, consider trying SPY24.
How to Uninstall Hoverwatch
If you no longer want to use Hoverwatch, you can easily uninstall it from a target device.
How to Uninstall Hoverwatch from Android
If you want to stop using Hoverwatch and uninstall the app from Android phone, follow these steps:
- Log in to your account and select the target device in your control panel.
- Go to device settings.
- Access the target device and open Hoverwatch on it. Run the Phone application, type in ***, then type App PIN followed by ###. Then tap the Call button. (If this method doesn’t work, you can open the program in WIDGETS)
- When Hoverwatch is opened, click Settings.
- Tap Uninstall.
How to Uninstall Hoverwatch from Windows
To uninstall the program from the Windows computer:
- Open the installer.
- Click on the Reinstall or Uninstall button.
- When a new tab appears, select Yes.
- The program will then be deleted.
- Restart your PC to remove all components of Hoverwatch.
How to Uninstall Hoverwatch from Mac
If you want to remove the program from a target Mac, follow these steps:
- Download and run the Hoverwatch application.
- Click Uninstall.
- Type in your Mac administrator password to confirm the uninstallation.
- Click Finish.
Hoverwatch vs. SPY24: How to Monitor iPhones
If you are looking for an app similar to Hoverwatch but with a possibility to monitor iPhones, we recommend that you try SPY24. It is a parental control app that can offer you a number of advanced monitoring features, such as:
- Compatibility with most mobile devices. SPY24 can be installed on almost any iOS or Android device. To check the compatibility of a target device with the app, go to the SPY24 official site.
- Blocking unwanted numbers. With SPY24, you can protect your child from suspicious individuals by blocking their phone numbers.
- Device locking. SPY24 allows locking a target phone remotely to protect the data if a device has been lost or stolen.
- Keyword notifications. Keyword tracker from SPY24 notifies you every time your child types specific words. You can find out what content your child looks for on the Internet and what they write friends.
- Social media tracker. You can reveal what content kids exchange on Instagram, Facebook, WhatsApp, and other messengers.
- Locations and geofencing. With SPY24, you can track your kid’s location in real-time and set restricted areas on their map.
With SPY24, you can ensure your kid’s online safety and prevent them from communicating with cyberbullies and online predators. Head over to SPY24.com to start a 14-day risk-free trial or check out the Demo version.